Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 14 January 2012

Winter Might Be Here, At Least For Today

I was very pleased to wake this morning to see all the fields around our home covered in a Winter frost. Finally it is Winter. 




It will probably be over by lunch time but I like Winter.


 I don't mind putting on three sweaters and thick wooly socks. 
I like putting on my (fur) coat and stomping through frozen fields to walk the dogs. 
I like having to bring a blanket to hockey games to sit on and wrap around me to keep my bum warm. 
I don't mind running out to feed the chickens in my husbands wool coat over my pajamas and running through the frosty grass (as long as I don't slip on slick pavement outside the front door and amuse the workmen fixing the neighbours roof).


And I love how pretty things look with a bit of frost on them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment