Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 7 January 2012

Write It, Send It

Yesterday was the write it and send it day.
  I filled out my house rental forms for potential renters in our Cape Cod house for next summer and sent them off. Actually I sorted that out a few days ago but left part of the form in the copier so had to send that off.
  Thank you cards to friends and family. I am always happy when that gets done and they are sent off.
 The check to the poor plumber who had to come sort my bathroom taps out on December 23rd before guests arrived and had to share a bathroom with the the children! Sent with a big thank you note!!
  My EBKA form and a check. This is an interesting one. I will soon be part of the Essex Beekeeping Association. Yes, a beekeeper. My girl chick is thrilled. She thinks it will be really cool to tell her friends that her mom is a bee keeper. I have to sit through a few lessons and read a couple of books, get the cool suit that could save my life and what else?? Oh ya, get a hive with some bees in it! Sent.


  I will keep you informed on this one. Could be interesting.


So, in the rest of my world, my real chicks are very happy at the moment. They love their hen house, the old Wendy house, and seem to really enjoy making as much mess as possible in it. They scratch around in there all day and poo all night. The compost heap is over filled! But on the up side, they are now laying real sized eggs and not girly sized eggs. For about three months, they were really unpredictable with their laying and I had to keep going over to the neighbours and buying eggs. So embarrassing when I have girls of my own. Then in December, they all of a sudden grew, fluffed up and started laying regularly. Good girls. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, I need to have a "write it send it" day as well!

    Just finished a story that involves a mother hen. I'll have to send it to you if it sells :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Corey, I need to have one of those days! Especially in the new year. Glad I found your blog through Expat Mum! Can't wait to continue reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read the Mother Hen story, Corey. Hope it sells!

    Lady Who Lunches, thanks for reading. I've seen you comment on Expat Mum's blog and will come over and have a look at yours too!

    ReplyDelete