Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Summer Time Around the Corner

I am typing this from our iPad and haven't figured out all the bits and pieces to this thing yet, like how to change the font or add pictures to the blog so sorry if you are reading this! We have started talking about our summer holidays. The chicks each want to bring a friend along when we go off to America. That's fine. I can plan for that. Because I don't like to do too much while I am there, they think I am boring. What I don't like is entertaining non stop while I am there on my holiday. I like to enjoy my children and husband and The Cape and all it's fun. Swimming, kayaking, yoga, biking, picnicking,shopping and exploring. And I like to drag the family off to do these things with me. I can't believe we are thinking about the summer but with the 2012 Olympics being advertised in our faces 24/7, it's hard not to think about the summer. We do have a couple of tickets but haven't really got into the swing of things. I guess I better find a house sitter for while we are away. It could be easier said then done considering the events the summer holds. I do love Sunday nights. Country File, a glass of wine, a soak in the tube and early to bed!

2 comments:

  1. We're in the same mind. My husband will be covering the Olympics so we're debating if we'll go to the US a week before him and then he can join us for another three weeks. I can't decide - it all seems so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I booked our summer holiday last year - we're going to Center Parcs again in August for a week. I think a lot of people book early these days. The late cancellation offers don't seem as good as they used to be, and people don't like taking the risk as much, especially with children.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete