Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Sunday 5 June 2011

A bright note and a gloomy note


  On a bright note, with A2 exams nearly over and work study beginning, it means that it is nearly the summer holidays.
  
June 1st was a lovely evening and the first hot air balloons flew over head. I always think that summer is really here when the balloons come.
  
The weather has been just so lovely and warm. Sun lotion is left out on the counter now because the whole family seem to be needing to use it with the sunny days. 
  
The dogs are less interested in walks through the fields where the wheat makes for hot walking, and are more interested in swimming in the river and the pond.
The puppy,who is now a full year old, is swimming and retrieving balls from the pond and she thinks this is just the most fun any dog could have.
  
sandals and sundresses are my basic wardrobe now.
  The elder is flowering and I've made the first batch of cordial, yummy.





 On a totally gloomy note, I am a bit mentally exhausted at the moment. My life seems to be revolving around my check book and as I have two, a UK bank check book and a USA bank check book, my head is spinning more. I have managed this morning to have already voided two checks because I wrote pounds on one and dollars on the other when it should have been the other way around. 

All's I seem to do lately is give people money. Parties, clubs, garden projects, charities, schools, cleaning crew, family, children, insurance companies.


  I really feel that I am not getting anything back at the moment either except a head ache. My son found me standing in the kitchen last night after I had just read and responded to some emails, all about money, and I was just done, brain dead. He had to shut the laptop and take it away from me. I think he thought I might do something rash like chuck it in the river or something. 


 Two glasses of very chilled white wine and I just about felt clear headed enough to go to bed.


Still feeling out of sorts this morning but two hours of mindless gardening has helped to see a light at the end of the tunnel. And just for fun, all check writing this week will be done in red pen.

2 comments:

  1. Why does it all have to be about money? We made our summer list today and then we were totally depressed to realize that even some of our easiest goals could not be accomplished without a nice little pile of gold.
    Sandy
    www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a nice little pile of gold, Mom of 12, thanks for joining me :)

    ReplyDelete