Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Monday 5 April 2010

When it was my birthday last month, my family asked me what I would like. And after weighing up my options, I chose to have a tree man come and trim back three trees in our garden that will be shading our new patio this summer. I thought it was a perfectly good present, easy and something that I wanted. My daughter now thinks that I'm just about the saddest person on the whole road! My son wasn't really bothered but refuses to get involved with the clean up and the rooster, well, all he has to do it write out the check.
So I did my homework and got the three quotes in and basically, if I bought a new car, it would be cheaper! So I think I'm getting a new puppy instead. The trees will not be butchered as I hoped and one weekend soon, we will take the worst of the trees down ourselves. It's just a hassle as I have to dig out the chainsaw, find the extra chains and lug the whole lot off to be cleaned and sharpened. Then stand around with my heart in my stomach as rooster cuts the worse offender down with out cutting off a foot and hitting the house!!

As for the puppy, we'll see. I have been talking about one for nearly a year now and I guess I have finally worn them all down. Our lovely boy is nearly 8 and starting to move a little slower and our little girl is nearly 5 and moves just as bloody fast as she can especially off the lead when there is a rabbit or pheasant involved! So we will see. There is a litter due from a breeder at the end of May for end of July take home. Very exciting.

I have been very dedicated to the lap top recently and have started to put my second children's fiction story onto Word. Most of it is pen and paper so it's a big deal for me to re write on the key board. Still looking for an agent for the first story but good things come to those moms who wait.
So Easter has come and gone. Boy and I are studying hard- revising. I am now a wizz at geography and PE GCSE and getting better at Russian History. I have managed to stay clear of Math and Chemistry. They completely bore me in the real world so I am hardly going to be any good at them for revision. If the boy could go through life with a stick and ball, he would be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment