Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Monday 12 April 2010

Dirty Dog

  Sometimes I must admit to having a clueless family.
 Saturday night, after having a really nice evening with new friends at our house, I let the dogs out the front while I went to put the chicks away for the night. This was at 11:30 pm.  Nothing unusual about this except Hobbes, our dog came back through the front door drenched in black mud, paws to ears. He had fallen off the bridge at the end of our property into the over flow that is filled with mud.  Bless him if he wasn't proud of himself for finding the front door with mud in his eyes. Our other dog was still clean. Now this is where it gets clueless. Rooster shouts out,'Lock him in his basket for the night!' as the dog happily trots into the kitchen leaving dirty paw prints all over the front hallway carpet. Daughter on the other hand who is actually in the kitchen shouts, 'Mom, the dog is dirty!' Fillthy dog caged all night? No way. Dirty dog in the kitchen? You think??
   Did my family not realise that I was the one who was screaming in the hallway because he just shook mud on me 30 seconds ago at 11:30 at night! My 3 glasses of wine buzz was completely wasted because I then had to spend the next 20 minutes washing the dog in warm water and Herbal Essences berry and coconut blah, blah, blah shampoo in the children's shower.
   We smelled great afterwards and he was a very good boy and didn't shake in the bathroom until after I towel dried him.  I'm still finding specks of mud to clean up in the hall though.

No comments:

Post a Comment