Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Walking backwards


March is flying by and I would like it to slow down just a bit. I don't usually feel that way as I like to see things progress and I like to progress with things. That isn't really happening at the moment. Time is flying by and I am standing still, worse, I think I am walking backwards.
I love this tree, I see it nearly everyday when I go out with the dogs. Sometimes I walk backwards, just watching how clouds look behind it or to see if a bird will land in it.
I see my chicks bounding ahead with their lives, hockey season is just about over, exams are looming, Spring is in the air and it shows on their faces. They look healthy and happy. This is all great stuff but it doesn't stop me worrying about their futures which I fret over every few months. My littlest chick has just picked out her GCSE's- nightmare! Mine not hers, she's really excited and I lie in bed wondering what sort of brain foods I can incorporate into her diet now to help her along. Actually, she got a good portion of the brains in the family and it's not because she lives on dark chocolate, that only helps. I don't need to worry about her, I just like to. And my lovely boy, well if we can get through his GCSE's without me passing out, I will be very proud of him and myself.
I watch and listen to their lives from a step back sometimes and wonder how can they just plod on. They are so busy and seem to be constantly on the go. They exhaust me and I'm the Mom. A teenagers life is so full these days, they are growing up so fast and I would love their lives to slow down. I want them not to miss anything and to have everything. Is that too much to ask?
If I ask them, they'll just ask what time are we leaving to go to the next thing on their busy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment