Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Sunday 28 February 2010

Febuary Fever

Being a mother,I am very lucky because by the time the rooster and the chicks have had
their 'man flu' my version of it is so much more mild- NOT. I can't believe I even let
myself behind the wheel of a moving vehicle with the case I had. Granted it was really
just a cold but it sucked. Husband of course got to call it MF.
Anyway January is gone thank god, I can't believe how long it dragged on for, I really
hated it by the end. I like forward planning and just couldn't get out of that month.
Feb has been really nice because it has flown by. Family and I have had a fab half term
skiing in France. We drove which was nice as the chicks got to sleep the whole way. We
didn't wake them up until the supermarche in Abertville. And I enjoyed a 6 hour tour
behind the wheel. All to myself-bliss. I think we had one of the nicest family holidays
we have ever had.
Chicks are great skiers now and we all just zip along. There was the most snow we've
seen in ages as well. No real mishaps except a little sledging incident-
She didn't actually damage the porch or leave blood anywhere except on the inside of her
jumper and the bruise was just a reminder to 'bale sooner' as my son so kindly put it.
There is nothing like the ache of ones thighs climbing down stairs after skiing.
Hockey season for the family is full on. I can't remember a full Saturday or Sunday that I
have been home for months now. I adore watching both chicks but there have been only a few
times when I've been able to watch them on the same day. I seem to live off texting with
the rooster to see who has scored what and who is where in the league or school tables. Good
old Blackberries. Now I can stand on the side of a pitch in some county and keep my life up to
date with my thumbs. Now if I could make a cup of tea taste good out of a thermos, my life
would be complete-NOT
Clever real chicks are finished with Jan/Feb resting and laying eggs. Not all 4 of them just
yet but 2 are and one of the hens is laying pale green eggs- cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment