Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Friday 15 January 2010

I am probably one of the few in England who really like the snow. I am a secret New Englander, Bing Crosby, fur hat and snow tires kind of chick. I wallowed in it as did the dogs. This one , I think, actually got several brain freezes from eating so much of it! But, now it's gone. For now.
So my littlest chick and I had a good cry the other night. We were sitting in her closet where it was cozy and warm, hiding from the world and having a mother-daughter chat. Teenagers are under such pressure these days and I can't help but want to protect them both. Easier said then done though as I know deep down that spreading their wings and falling on their faces is the only way up. So the poor thing has the weight of all her girl friends on her shoulders.
First I told her that she is too kind and she should just get over that-toughen up and say "no" once in a while to them. Or at least put her fingers in her ears.
Secondly, I told her that if she didn't look after herself first, nobody else wood (except for me that is). She needed to stop swimming around the pond in circles and hit the river where the water is flowing. Stretch herself, make some decisions about her own life, not others. Down size, so there is time for everything you want to do.
My chick has zillions of friends and wants to be best friends, everyday, 24/7 with all of them and life is too short. Plus she will have arthritis in her thumbs when she is older from all the texting on her blackberry that she does all day/night long.
We all need personally time that gives us a good feeling when we are done. The dogs and I are both happy after a good walk. Everyone in the family are happy after I've had a session with the magimixer and I always feel better after typing away for awhile. I like doing for others but I really like doing for me too. I like to walk, cook and blog amongst other things. Personal time, me space or selfish cow?

1 comment:

  1. Ah those teenage girls.
    Thanks for dropping my the blog.

    ReplyDelete