Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Tuesday 5 January 2010


All's well that ends well. Christmas has come and gone, though there is still a tree in my kitchen, it's too cute to get rid of yet. Anyway, one of my chicks doesn't even go back to school until next week!
Disastrous news in the real hen house. Fantastic Mr Fox payed me a visit over the Children's Christmas holiday and stole 3 of my girls! Bloody fox. I of course was the most affected by this and so I should be. I am the care giver here. 3 new girls have moved in with Chicklet and though it has taken her a while, she has accepted at least 2 of them. I think the third one which of course is the coolest looking one, might be a young rooster. He is returnable as I don't need a rooster blowing his horn as I have the neighbours' one to do htat already. We'll see.
Lots of sporting events kept us all on our toes this Christmas. It kept me bundled up in several layers most of the time as the rest of the family sported and I photographed. Someone has to document our sorry lives. I didn't have the camera when we joined the other 76,000 fans at Twickenham after Christmas for the Wasps v Quins. I wish I did because what a sight, it was great fun. Our new treadmill has arrived this morning for the post Christmas feast shifting. I wonder how long it will stay downstairs in it's huge box before we decide to actually make use of it? It involves carring it up 2 sets of stairs so already it is putting me off and I am trying to forget about it. I think I will just look at my yoga DVDs for awhile instead.
Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment