Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 23 June 2012

Things That Are The 'Last' Things

The last month has been like walking on egg shells. I have tip toed around our house, moving from room to to room to avoid making noise or bothering the exam riddled children. I haven't thrown out any bit of scrap paper in case it has important learning on it. I buy pens and high lighters at every super market shop so there is no excuse of not being able to find a pen that works. I have had a constant supply of fruit squash by the kitchen sink. Snack food has been at the ready. The car has always had petrol in it in case there was a need to get to a study session or exam at a moments notice. I have sweetly encouraged sleep and gentle exercise and late at night, removed books from sleeping child's face and wiped the drool away. 


I am glad the last month is over.


My Chicks and I have had a month of 'Lasts'. Last classes with favourite teachers, Last PE class,last chapel, last exam(chick girl has one more but not to study for as it is a listening exam), last time on the yellow school bus,last school lunch, last time for the summer making a school lunch, last time a will need to nag boy to go study, last time he will be only 17 and a boy, last time I will have to drive through our village at school rush hour. Last School Fees!!


Books and papers have been burned. School uniforms have been trashed. The Chicks are moving on to the next step. Exams are done and now we wait. Boy has a summer of things to do. Girls has a summer of places to go. But behind it all, we wait for exam results day to see where we all go on to. Will he get a University place?? Will she get into the Upper Sixth at the closer school??


I thought the last month was stressful but now we have to wait until the middle of August to get the exam results for the A Levels and the GCSE's; ugh!!!



2 comments:

  1. You had me at 'Last school fees!!!' sob! Really struggling at the mo.

    I hope they did well.
    Kiss Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You have just totally described my life at the moment !!

    ReplyDelete