Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Thursday 24 May 2012

Again With The Bees!

Sorry but I am a bit excited, new hobby and all,but I have a Queen in my hive. This doesn't always happen with a swarm. Apparently Queen can fly off when she gets to the new hive and as we know, the children end up laughing in your face while rolling around on the floor in hysterics. 



Anyway, this is not my hive though it is the photo on my home screen on my phone-


Idyllic, yes. Well impractical for my beginner status. You have to take apart the beautiful white outer part of that hive to even get into the real workings underneath. I would get stung a million times and sweat through my suit trying to lift it all apart (it is heavy wood).


So I have an easy hive and a Queen, Yah!!

1 comment:

  1. We had a swarm (without a hive) land in our yard last night, so it's rather funny I blogwalked from Expat Mom to your site. I'm a Brit living in sunny CA - and we need more bees (apparently - but obviously not last night) so I'll be checking back to your site. Good luck! Also, a little advice from my Aunt who keeps bees in the Lake District - don't wear your full beekeeping outfit and confront your dog, who will panic and lunge at you not knowing who you are!

    ReplyDelete