Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mother Rugby

We are in Blue and there are six of our seven boys! Yes, there is one at the bottom of the pile.


Just when I thought that the Rugby season was over in Rooster boys' school, I find out he had been asked to play in a Rugby "7's" tournament. He is a hockey player by love but a rugby player by build. And since he is super fit right now, 6 games of  rugby( 18 minutes of high speed chase) was just a fun day out.

It was insane. These boys are animals! They ran and ran and tackled and ran and passed and ran and covered themselves in mud and ran and I think had a great time. Seven teams and we made it to the finals and came second. The coach really had high hopes for our boys to win it, he really wanted the cup, it was huge. But our boys were shattered after six ours of adrenaline madness. Those of us watching were just glad there was not blood or bad injuries.

Did I mention that this was all done on Mother's Day?? I did manage to get a kiss and a card from the Chicks to round off the day.

1 comment:

  1. The Boy has his first 7s tournament in a couple of weeks. At least I know what to expect now

    ReplyDelete