Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Friday 8 July 2011

A Summer in the UK?

I had a fab time last weekend at my friends' rainbow party. It was very colourful with a great mix of people. She had a Calypso band, yummy food and lots of bubbly on tap. She loved the jellybeans. There were fireworks at 11pm and lanterns at midnight. A really fun party.


So, one of two of my chicks are out of school but we seem to be playing the waiting game as to what to do this summer. If boys shoulder if ok, he will go off on his rugby tour and we will join him in Honk Kong for a bit. If not, our summer is a bit up in the air. 


I haven't actually spent a summer in the UK since the children where born. I have always whisked them off to America to vacation with the American family. This summer I have even rented out the beach house so we couldn't even pop over to Cape Cod for a break. 


What does one do for the whole summer in England?? I will find out on Monday what the summer plans will be after we see the doctor and find out the MRI results.


Thanks Diney and Around My Kitchen Table for your thoughts. 

1 comment:

  1. Lots of planning for "inclement weather". Not that you have to entertain kids every second of every day, but we've just had two days of relentless rain which makes things difficult. Look at local cinemas, swimming pools etc. - hours and hours of entertainment there.

    ReplyDelete