Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Thursday 21 July 2011

The Gallery, Vintage

This week in over at  stickyfingers1 The Gallery subject is Vintage.


This is a great idea and brought about a lot of thought at my end. I have been given some amazing pieces of silver from older relatives for presents. Most of them came when I was engaged and then some when I got married. I have a collection of silver Tiffany Spoons, one for each birthday from when I was born until I was 12. Very useful actually. I have a Very large silver teapot and coffee set, not as useful as it got very hot when I tried it out with just hot water once. But it's the little nick nacks that I love the most. Sugar bowls and s&p shakers, creamers and little jugs, all silver. But what makes them special is that each one was engraved just for me and they have the old family crest or coat of arms on them, depending who they came from in the family. 

I love them, polish them and use them. They are vintage treasures.




1 comment: