Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Monday 20 June 2011

Just when I thought it was safe to go out....

I have been had by my dogs.

I took smallest, cutest, butter wouldn't melt  in her mouth, Cadi off to dog class this morning and left

 I am so old, don't worry about me even leaving my bed, Hobbes and

who me? I only look at the cats, I don't chase them, Rosalynn, at home as usual.

This time though, when I opened the front door, naughty 1 and 2 tried to escape through my legs. A tell tale sign that something is not right in my kitchen. I didn't even have to go in there to know that they had eatten something or broken something. So I kicked them out the back and surveyed the room. 3 huge tubs of homemade chicken and barley soup for the freezer when not only missing but the plastic containers had been torn to bits.

I guess it was good but I will never know now myself, little buggers. I knew I should have left it somewhere higher up to cool but they have been so good lately and haven't stolen anything for weeks.


If only the chicks where that transparent.

We have had issues with rooster boy and school. He pushed a smaller boy who has been verbally bullying him and he snapped last week and slammed the kid into a chair. The fact that the verbal boy had just called my son's parents "retarded and should be in a mental institution",to start with, might have been the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. The verbal insults were heard by other boys  and though I Do No tolerate bullying, I can see how making fun of ones parents might set off some boys. It did mine. He was defending our honour in a way. 2 days at home helped him see the errors of his way though. Now school just has to deal with the verbal bully.

Of course all this nonsense took a few days to come to light because rooster didn't want us to know the horrible things the verbal boy said about us.  We as parents know it was only talk but it was hurtful to our son.

He couldn't hide under the kitchen table like the dogs do when they have been bad, hoping we don't see them. He had to come out and face the music.  He has and now it's over with.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. I'd like to hear more about what the school had to say to this - and how and if the verbal bully has been addressed. Hope rooster boy is feeling ok. xx

    ReplyDelete