Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Monday 20 September 2010

Lacking Colour

Things around the place seem to be lacking in colour. Not just the garden but my wardrobe has turned predominantly grey too. I have a browny grey cord skirt that has seen the light of day several times in the last couple of weeks. A lovely cosy Pure cashmere with frilly trim cardigan that I live in, several shades of grey 't' shirts in various lengths and the trousers, two pairs of grey fine cords.

I do own other clothes but seem to live in the same things day in and day out. Funny really that my pajamas that only the Rooster and chicks see, are pink and purple flowers. But really I wouldn't go out in those on purpose. Well, maybe to feed the chickens.

So I think I need to spice things up and by that, I don't mean the colour. What a horrible colour 'spice' would be. An orangy gold. Not for me. I do love greys and I don't look half bad in shades of it but I think I need to add a bit of wham underneath or something.

Not so much can be said for the garden. I have a few big sunflowers holding court and left over geraniums  that are looking sad and some pink roses that have blessed me with their presence but really, it is very green in my garden and where it isn't green, it is brown and that is about all. I messed up somewhere with the planting. Even the dogs are brown!
Not planted but planned. I love their colours.

I love this time of year; cool nights, bonfires, falling leaves, wearing sweaters and my cowboy boots, rugby and hockey games, apple pie, the whole lot.
But I need a colour fix!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, wardrobes need an overhaul yearly - I've just chucked out most of my wardrobe... the stuff I never wear and the stuff I must not wear ever again...

    My Cosmos are still flowering in an aray of mad colours - well worth the packet of seed. I recommend this plant except that they have grown over the front door, so we have to swish them back like a curtain to get indoors!....

    ReplyDelete