Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Bliss and Wonder of Blogging

The rest of my family were all out last night and I was left in peace for two whole hours to ponder and peruse the blog-isphere. I popped by a couple of favourites and from theirs, I looked into a couple of their favourites and so on.

It was like a Chinese Finger, my fingers were stuck to the key-board and new blogs kept pulling and pulling.  Moms with babies, moms with toddlers, moms up North and by the sea, designer moms, writing moms, moms that make cupcakes and arts and crafts, cooking moms, working moms, insightful and boring moms, moms that only advertise stuff and moms that love Vintage, shoes and cosmetics, moms that are building houses or remodeling houses, moms that love the beach and everything beachy and then there were the moms who just liked to show them selves off with big white smiles, large breasts and tiny waists prancing around in pictures,their sometimes not so nice homes-
      'Aren't my boobs, I mean pillows, gorgeous on this vintage,beach themed sofa?'

I didn't like everything that I found on my blogging mission but I did come by a few that are keepers and I'll watch them for a while to see how things go.

I also popped by my chicks new blog.

I suggested to her that maybe facebook was getting too commercial for her and that a blog might be a good creative out-let for her. She could have a pseudo name and build on a style that suited her. She could have it as something just her own without her many friends coming by and tapping in.

She liked this idea and uses it as a style/diary of her teenage life. It's working for her too. She has 15 followers already in just 3 weeks and gets loads of positive comments on her fashion photographs and personal wordings and thoughts.  She's really enjoying it all.

There are few pressures in the blogging world for her and teenagers need as little pressure as possible. There is already enough out there to push them over the edge into eating disorders, knife crime, bullying or whatever.



As for my boy, he's just happy in his own little world with our soon to be puppy, Acadia or Cadi for short.

(Acadia is the original name for Nova Scotia and the dog breed are Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers.) She is nearly four weeks old now and as fat as she is long!

4 comments:

  1. That puppy is absolutely gorgeous — good choice!

    It's so easy to get lost in the world of blogs. I generally like to follow those that people I know follow, but the lines kind of blur online between who you "know" and you actually know! There are so many out there to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like disappearing down the blogging rabbit-hole from time-to-time... it's amazing what you can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the puppy is Absolutely Adorable with 2 capital A's!

    I'm not sure which mom category I'd fit into, wouldn't mind the small waist with big breasts one but somehow that doesn't fit!

    I know what you mean about getting lost in the blogosphere; I do it all the time.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh. Nice to hear your chick is enjoying her blog. I get up super early to open up the chickens (in my pjs!)and then I flit around Bloggy-land with a coffee, it's such a treat.

    Strikes me that cute puppy is going to be massive....and gorgeous.

    xx

    ReplyDelete