Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Friends with sticks and cups of tea

   There was a day when field hockey was something I did in the past. Actually it still is something I did in the past. I only par-take now as chief photographer, driver of chicks, drinks carrier, cheering squad, and pretty much anything else the rooster or chicks need me for. I stand on the side of freezing cold, windy hockey pitches nearly year round now. Don't be fooled- it is now May and it was 12c on May Bank Holiday Monday on the side of the hockey pitch. I had to shelter my camera under an umbrella against the HAIL that was beating down on us. I'm sure it affects the players but they are die-hards, my lot, and seem to thrive on crap weather. I wilt.
   It was an exceptional weekend hockey wise though. Rooster had several University families around (for the whole weekend and 193 cups of tea) for a 'hockey' weekend. Most of them still play but now we have some of the children playing too. It makes for really fun mixed games. I still got to take the photos and carry the drinks (Make the tea) and tried to be a good host in between. After everyone left for their own corners of England yesterday afternoon, I fell asleep talking to my daughter and when I woke up 45 minutes later, I still had my coat and gloves on! Bless her for not waking me. She told me later that the Red Cross lady came knocking at the door so she nicked all my coins to put in her collection jar and I didn't even stir!

  I was baking while planting the wild flower meadow last week and back in cashmere layers this week- go figure. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment