Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Sunday 29 November 2009

Tis the Season

Tis the season to be... too old to stay up till the wee hours partying. Sleep is power to me and I need it! Though I love a good party especially when we throw it.
So, I can get a bit glum pre Christmas and all the shopping in the world doesn't seem to bring me out of it. So pretty much I have finished all the present shopping and still feel unsatisfied. Not that the chicks won't love what they get. They will if they know what's good for them. But I feel like something is missing.
My ipod only plays Christmas carols this time of year and the house has the lights adorning the front door. The candles have gone from cream to red in all the holders on the table and still the spirit hasn't hit me yet.
Pre exam-mocks time. yuck. I am one of those hens that really feels for her chicks when they are under pressure. I do more then half the worring for them. Another reason I need my sleep! I personally work well under pressure but don't like my chicks to have to. Boys especially seem to be incredibly passe about these things. Lucky to have such a care free life. I did have a lovely conversation with the Boy recently though and he seemed to think that it was okay for me to worry and care about him. He said he actually didn't mind if I took an interest in his teenage life. What a sport! I feel lucky. Though I do wish I could get into the Christmas Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment