Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Smooth Summer


There are definitely days that run smoother then others.
I was at work yesterday for a few hours, by myself and feeling very self employed though I am not.
It's a Christmas business and though Christmas is months away still, it does tend to creep up on me pretty quick. 
It might only be July 1st but then it's August and then October!
September flys by so quickly that I don't usually see it. 
Christmas on the internet is a new concept for me but I like it. 
I love the internet.
Shopping from my kitchen table has never been so good. 
A cup of tea, the weekend paper, and tapping away on a a key board. 
It's a nice time out for me when I can get it. 
I do love the actually shops but it's finding the time to get to them.
Living in the country sometimes means no easy access to the high life of retail therapy.
So there I was at work doing inventory on the computer with the stock for company.
I had the doors wide open so I could see the blue sky and sunshine even though I wasn't out in it.
In walks a friend to say hello. 
She strolled around the place having a peek but couldn't get her head around all the baubles and ornaments.
So much green, red glitter (I go home covered in it most days), Santa's and snowmen.
I don't see it like that though. 
It's stock to me. 
When I start to put pieces together for people and start to spread the Christmas 'joy', then it becomes something else -magic.
It also becomes something else entirely when it is freezing outside and I'm dressed in twenty layers of clothes and my hands are numb. 
Hard work.
Doing the inventory was a lovely mindless job that went very smoothly. 
If it's done now then maybe I'll see a bit of September after all.

So the 4th of July is  days away and I had big plans for the family. 
BBQ picnic with invited friends, a band in the park playing, flags  flying, badminton and frisbee, cold beers and bugs.
Then I remember that I live in England and none of my 4th of July dream happens here.
Well, maybe the BBQ will happen as I do tend to cook meat out doors more so then not.

The Chicks and I are off to The States soon for a bit of a holiday.
Beach, sun, seafood, salt water, fresh water, fun, fun, fun, and bugs.
Can't wait. The days always run smoothly there. 

Starting to have to give eggs away to the neighbours as the girls are laying regularly now.
I've also started to collect egg recipes to cook but my little chicks don't really like to have egg in every meal, humm. 
Not running so smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment