Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 21 June 2008

A Job Well Done?

My best layer,Bazooka.
 I should feel very proud of myself but really it's more like dread.
I just finished a project, a book actually.
I have spent months deciphering my note book and then slogging away at the key board.
Having it all on A4  is  satisfying yet disappointing.
It was blinding me and it was time to finish. 
Finishing the book has exhausted me. 
After I bull clipped it together and put it in an envelope, I could have crawled into bed for a three hour nap!
But now what am I going to do with the time and energy I've had for the book?
As I handed it over to be proof read, I realized that I hadn't typed 'The End' onto the last page.
Maybe this was some sort of omen.
Maybe it's not really finished at all and I just wanted it out of the house so I didn't have to look at it anymore. 
So close yet so far I might say. 
Finishing a project, big or small, is rewarding mentally.
It would be nice if it was rewarding financially too but I won't press my luck. 
I like projects, especially menial ones around the house.
Cleaning windows, arranging the book shelves, cleaning out closets.
They are all mindless good jobs done. 
I like the little chicks to get satisfaction out of finishing a project too. 
I also like them to clean up when they are done with the project but I know that's asking a lot.
A job finished is a job well done.
I'm sure that phrase is coined somewhere. 
Maybe now I'll put my mind to a new book project.
That would fantastic.
I can feel the dread gurgling away inside me so I'll stop now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment