Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Disappointment


What to do when someone you love gets disappointed. 
My littlest chick is sitting exams.
 She was truly prepared.
 Actually, I have never seen her so well organized and I'm sure she didn't get the skill from me.
I'm more the post it on the forehead or on steering wheel kinda girl.
Colour  coded index cards with mind maps and subjects organized by different smelling gel pens.
It was very impressive really. 
I tend to stick with black ink myself with the occasional blue thrown in.
On a real whim I might use purple.
She's got me beat.
But exam week is a long week and things can go wrong.
Hinduism, that chapter seemed to slip right past  her index card scheme. 
She winged it but I knew she was disappointed to have not revised it. 
She has high expectations and if her cards are anything to go by, I think she'll be just fine.
But what do I know about anything that happens in year 7.
What do I know about the real world really.
I also hate it when My rooster gets disappointed.
I want to tell him 'don't worry honey, there's a great job out there for you'.
A bit patronizing  when it's written like that. 
'Sorry, hon ." seemed to work better.
And anyway, there's a whole year to think about it.
He's not one to sit around though and wants to be busy now.
Not painting the kitchen busy or digging a new boarder busy.
7 am - 7 pm busy.
It's really nice to have him around at home but I didn't sign up for a house husband.
The food bill is higher and I have to provide a proper dinner every night. 
That bores me.
But I show support because I love him and I feel his disappointment.
Nice to have the chicks in the nest for half term.
Shame about the weather here in the South East though- disappointing. 
Three eggs four days in a row.
My little hens are defiantly not disappointing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment