Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Friday 23 May 2008

Half Term


Thank goodness for half term.
 My children wouldn't actually see each other if it wasn't for that scholarly divide.
As it is, this half term they will be bypassing one another and only seeing each other for a few days at the end.
This for once will work out for me as they both have exams when they get back to school.
I am the mother hen of  'one of each'.
One daughter, one son.
One who was born five and a half weeks early, one who just wouldn't come out.
One who has always been bigger than his expectancy even though early. 
Nearly 5'10 at 13.
One who finally at age 12 is growing bigger then her other friends.
I'm tiny- 5'2.
He didn't want to talk until he was nearly three.
She picked up a play phone on her first birthday.
He is incredibly gifted in sport and she is extremely fashion conscious.
One with brawn,one with brain.
Thank goodness they both have their looks.
Something has to pay their way if all else fails.
So I have a lovely week ahead.
She's been invited away with another studios friend for a few days and studying will defiantly not be a problem.
He on the other hand will have my undivided attention until her return. 
So my week will be full and I will probably even learn something.
Always a nice bonus. 
They won't see each other this week as much as I would like but in all
truth, they would spend most of their time bickering about which channel to watch and whose ipod got to be in the kitchen speakers anyway. 
Two eggs, one brown speckled , one creamy pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment