Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Sunday 22 April 2012

Real Problems

It was a bad week in our house and emotions were running high but the problems that we were facing don't seem like real problems. I say this on the comment from Expat Mum about needing to stop complaining about messy bedrooms. Complain. 


I love those kind of problems. Messy rooms, broken pipes, cracked windscreens,exam dramas, dog chewed my homework. These really are "real" problems to the every day mom in the every day house. I like to think of myself as one of those every day moms. 


When the s*it hits the fan though, I like to think I can handle it and take it in it's stride. It almost seems surreal though, drink and drugs and cries for help from one of my daughter's peers. Give me a messy bedroom any day.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose I know what you mean. I've never really had to deal with a "big" teen problem, although a lot of my friends have. Not sure how I'd cope, although you just have to don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I'm with you - I'd rather complain about the theromstat than deal with major issues. Mundane is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully just the 'normal' problems here....at least though if there is a 'cry for help' then that is a big start and a step in the right direction....

    ReplyDelete