Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 5 February 2011

Worries

Somethings are mind over matter. If I don't think about them, they will go away or sort themselves out. I'm talking about problems. Some are little some are big. Some are manageable and some are bigger then me and I know I can't do something about them yet they worry me anyway.


If the problem isn't on your door step, do you really need to worry about it? If you don't turn on the TV, does it concern you? Or if you don't answer the phone, will you not hear about it?


I worry and sometimes it gets the best of me. I wouldn't go as far as saying worries stress me out because of course I do yoga and that is supposed to sort the stress out. Yah, down dogs and Sheba's. But they do get in my head and I find the best way to fix the worry is to do just that, fix it. 


-House is a mess, clean it.
-Old dog going blind, don't throw balls in the garden for him anymore.
-Can't find a good house sitter, leave Rooster at home for the family holiday.(Yes that is mean and not quite true but it sorts the dog/house issue out for our holiday)
-Mother driving you mad, don't answer her calls and write a nice trivial letter to her instead, even if she is calling from Florida.
-Bank account a little low, stop spending money on your card and use Roosters instead.(Also a little mean but really I can buy new knickers from Sainsbury's and just put them on the grocery bill)


Then there are the other worries in my life,my biggest worries really. My children are getting older and my parents are getting old. To watch two grow up and to not see two growing old really does worry me. To know when to let go and when to hang on tighter are very hard skills to master. I don't always get it right. 


Outside my chicks school the other day, a man approached an older student and offered to sell her drugs. The girl had enough sense to say no and tell a teacher. My dad is going to a neurologist to be tested for Parkinson's. Do I wrap daughter and father up in a cozy blanket and tell them it's all going to be OK? Or do I just wrap myself up and tell myself it's going to be OK?


 But what about the bigger worries? War, Floods, gangs, The Olympic Stadium being torn down after it's use and rebuilt as a football stadium?
I think I'll just read about these in the paper over a cup of tea and reflect on them accordingly.


No wonder I still have a headache. Maybe I should up the yoga to 3 times a week.









1 comment:

  1. As a 'fellow worrier' I can understand your worries...and I don't have any real solution. I think once you have a family of your own your worries increase ten fold, in fact I think that is probably when I began to worry. How awful that drug dealers operate around the school grounds, how lucky though that the girl was a smart cookie and chose a responsible response.

    ReplyDelete