Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Many busy moments

I feel that I have been on the go for the last several days and need to settle down for a few moments to re group.


  I left for a weekend away on Friday to stay with a friend who has just moved to deepest Suffolk. I have a small group of girl friends and we refer to ourselves as the 'Fluffs'. The four of us are all different in looks, personality and age. I am the baby of the group at 45. We have been together for about 10 years as the 'Fluffs' but some of us have been friends separately for longer. We are good together and very protective of our time together as it is hard to come by. Trying to get a mom of two teenagers still in school, a London City, working divorcee,mom, a bubbly blond divorcee, living a whirl wind life,mom and a newly moved to Suffolk, mom of college kids, together in one place for even a dinner, let alone a weekend together, is a bit of magic. 
 Well, it did work but I had to add a little fluffy puppy to the mix as my family were all over the place over the weekend and  not one of them would be home for more then a couple of hours to look after Cadi. So off we went, I had as much stuff for the puppy as I did for me for the weekend; folding cage, food, snacks, toys, towel, leashes, bowl, doggie bags and her soft bed. It took up most of the back of the Mini.
 Now, Suffolk is not that far away from Essex, we border each other and it is only an hour's drive from mine to hers but when I got there, we were in the middle of nowhere in a lovely little village just on the green with beautifully painted houses surrounding the green with the church on the corner. It is idyllic.
But guess what, no mobile phone service for miles!!! We felt like we had travelled to deepest Scotland but  I bet they have at least 2 bars way out on the Isles.  We were bar less! It was pretty funny when we would go out, phones in our back pockets and all of a sudden we would all start to vibrate as service hit us.  We had a lovely time together and covered a wide range of subjects in our hours together from menopause to the X-Factor singers. We stayed in each evening and ate home cooked food in front of a roaring log burner and walked the countryside both days. It was a real treat and we all behaved ourselves including Cadi, who loved having three other moms doating on her. The weather was great as well and that helped. 
  I always miss my chicks when I am away from them, even when I'm an hour away. They were busy themselves playing hockey and rugby and coaching and schooling and this and that-ing. I doubt they missed me, Cadi maybe, they missed. She's such a big part of the family now but still takes up so much of my time. 
  I was happy to drive home on Sunday in the beautiful sunshine and spend the afternoon, supermarket shopping, cooking, cleaning the garden and oh yes, laundry! The moments of a busy mom.

1 comment:

  1. Funnily enough, I travelled to deepest Scotland for the weekend (pics on my blog today) and there was a signal on my mobile!!But I know what you mean. We have a bad signal here in Northumberland in certain areas, especially the Cheviot hills.

    That sounds like you had a wonderful time though, and what a fun bunch you sound.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete