Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Saturday 28 August 2010

The Blur

The week is a blur yet again.
It was GCSE week and my heart was in my throat for the day and the next actually. The results weren't what he wanted in some and MUCH better then expected in others but there was disappointment for sure. Not everyone is cut out to be a rocket scientist or lawyer or doctor or a banker for that matter. The pressure up to and through the exams sucks and then you wait for ever for the results and just when you have forgotten that they are looming, bam, right in your face.  This weekend we are going to discuss re-sits in a couple. Then we start all over.


So, I thought Summer was a time of relaxation and sunny lazy days...
Fat chance. I have been in the blasted car everyday for hours at a time shuffling the teen chicks and their friends around live a frickin taxi driver. I have put about £85 of gas in the 'clubman' in the last 10 days and that is normally 3 tanks of gas that should last me 3 months! And I haven't even really gone that far, I've just been everywhere.
   Oh, and I've been bringing Cadi along for some of the rides and I'm very proud to say she has only thrown up twice. Once she made it all the way up to Suffolk and didn't puke until we got outside the house we were due to stop at! Good girl, no really. She is settling in really well with our family life.


I almost can't wait until school starts again so things can calm down here. All the mayhem is wearing me out. That and the fact that the weather is crap. We have 25 to camp this weekend and thank god the weather is predicted to be 'fine but cool'. I would love 'perfect and hot' but not raining is good enough for me.


It's the annual 'family camping' weekend that we have every year. The more families the better. We have all ages from pre-prep through stroppy teens to fit adults. Every family pitches a tent or two and also pitches in with food, wine and such. This years menu includes BBQ feta and Mediterranean veggies hot dip, salsa and chips, BBQ pork loins, garlic bread and lovely salads. And what ever else comes along in picnic baskets. There is usually an assortment of bubbly and some nice wines and cold beers. I think we might need schnapps in our coffees to go with our S'Mores though. It was chilly last night and will be again tonight. 
I might have to wimp out and sleep in the house with the puppy.


Chickens are molting and I'm not sure if it's because it has been so wet or if they are just unhappy that I haven't given them enough attention. They are laying 3 big eggs a day though so something must be right.


Happy Bank Holiday xx









1 comment:

  1. Hope the camping was brill. May I book a taxi please?

    Lou
    xx

    ReplyDelete