Children...

I don't want them to grow up too quickly and miss what being young and carefree is all about.
I want them to enjoy it all. But being their mom, I want to be part of their enjoyment too...So far so good.
My other children- the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Monday 28 June 2010

The Nerve!

My chick informed me yesterday morning at 7:30am (she was up only because she had to go to hockey camp for the day) that the house was looking a bit messy. Okay, so I blew off the Friday sweep to help out a friend who is moving. Well, the big Chestnut out our back door is doing the change over from stickies to small hard spiky things that give you splinters and stick to the dogs tails and get deposited all over house.   You can see for yourself- It's a big tree!


So now I  have left over stickies and spiky things to suck up in the vacuum cleaner. They sound like marbles going in and then clatter about for a bit until they settle in the dog hair and other dust accumulated in the 'can see all' cylinder. Really I would rather not see what the machine is sucking up as I just saw it all over the floor. Just like I would rather not see a child's dinner all over the carpet at One in the morning.

The other problem with this time of year is that our back door is always open and the dogs come and go from garden to house a billion times a day. If I leave them out, they bark to come in and vise versa, so I leave the door open. It's the country, why not.
The country is great and the dogs are great. Did you know that baby snakes can stick to a fluffy dogs fur and when the dog comes in and rolls around the kitchen floor, baby snake will freak out-yes I just typed that- and slither away under closest appliance.
Baby snake was eventually trapped in an odd plastic container and released into the wilds of Essex. I now have more grey hair but didn't blame the dogs.

I did clean as soon as she left for two hours, in my pajamas, but just the ground floor. Don't OMG, it wasn't that dirty really but I also had a good clear out of the cleaning/ medicine/dog cupboard. We had Calpol and flee collars so out dated that they both had changed to the same colour.
Then I hit the 'plastic container' drawer. It now closes and the recycling box is full of odd tops and bottoms.
Then of course baby snake clear up took a bit of time.
Then the pantry got a once over.

After all that, I sat out side in the sun with little spiky balls falling around me, and started my book club book for next week.

A Very satisfying Sunday morning really.


How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment